2017 Disability Scholarship Program
The attorneys and staff at Summit Disability Law Group are always seeking for ways to contribute to the communities where we do business. We believe that the cities where we work and live have given us so much, it would be ungrateful not to give back. That sentiment, coupled with our belief in education and lifelong learning, has led us to create an annual scholarship program.
Why Do We Award Scholarships?
At Summit Disability Law Group we understand how valuable an education is to creating a good life for yourself. One of our attorneys, Jake J. Lee is especially invested in education. He is passionate about learning as a life-long pursuit. Jake recently said, “my education—academic, interpersonal, and professional—has shaped how I see the world and has made me who I am today.” He believes education can lift people out of poverty (financial and situational), enrich their lives, and teach them valuable skills to provide for their families and contribute to society.
Getting an education in a college setting is difficult enough. Adding a disability on top of it can make it seem impossible. This is why Summit Disability Law Group chooses to help disabled students overcome their challenge and rise to the occasion.
A generous $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to one student for use towards their college costs.
The following eligibility criteria MUST be met to qualify:
- You must currently be enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a college or university in the United States.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA in the current or most recent secondary education program you have attended.
- You must have a physician documented disability
How to Apply
Via our e-form below, you will be required to submit the follwing:
- Your personal information, including full legal name, current contact information
- A 500 word essay explaining how your disability affects you in the education setting
- A transcript verifying your GPA
- A note or record from your physician verifying your disability
- Contact information for an academic reference who can speak about how your disability affects you in the education setting
- A copy of your acceptance letter or current enrollment summary
- Contact information for the academic institutions tuition or scholarship office
By completing the electronic application, you are verifying that you are eligible under all the criteria stated above, that you are currently enrolled in a qualified program or have been accepted and plan to attend a qualified program, and that you give Summit Disability Law Group permission to put your name on our website if you are awarded a scholarship. You are also giving Summit Disability Law Group permission to review your academic records and contact your listed references. We will not share your information with anyone outside of the scholarship committee and will protect your privacy.
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2017.
The scholarship recipient will be notified by email on or before August 30, 2017. Their name and a short bio will be posted on the Summit Disability Law Group company website.
Scholarship funds will be awarded in the recipient’s name directly to the academic institution of their choice.