Applying for Social Security disability benefits is an important step. But how should you go about it? Is it more effective to apply for disability benefits online or in person? At Summit Disability Law Group, we help our clients navigate the claims process every day. Here are some of the things we’ve learned:
Is It Better to Apply for Disability Benefits Online or In Person?
Either choice has its advantages. Here are some of their perks:
- Start the application process immediately. No appointment necessary.
- Apply in the comfort of your own home — this is especially helpful for those with limited mobility.
- Take a break if you need to! You can save your application and come back to it later.
- No need to visit an office, wait in line, or ask anyone to help you travel.
- Face-to-face communication with a Social Security professional.
- Immediate answers to your questions.
- Detailed help with confusing paperwork and documents.
- Less calls from Social Security about your information (a frequent result of online applications).
Both options have their benefits. It is hard to say which is better, especially since each disability claim and claimant is so different. Travel is difficult for some, but so is missing out on the help available during an in person application. Whichever option you choose, a disability lawyer can help you complete your application and win your case. Having someone by your side who understands the application process can be an incredible help.
At Summit Disability Law Group, we understand your situation. We are experienced disability lawyers and know how to file a winning claim. We will work with you to make sure you get the benefits you need. No matter whether you apply for disability benefits online or in person, we will help you every step of the way. Contact us today for a free consultation.