If you are applying for disability benefits, it is clear that you already have a lot on your plate. The thought of hiring a disability lawyer to help you out may seem daunting, as visions of writing checks with lots of zeroes flash before your eyes. But fear not, at Summit Disability Law Group, affordability is one of our top priorities. There are no upfront costs and you only pay attorney’s fees if we win. Our job is helping you, and that is what comes first.
If you seek out our help, we offer you and your wallet these guarantees:
- You shouldn’t be charged for looking out for yourself. Dealing with an injury or the onset of a disease is stressful enough. We offer you a free initial consultation (which you can find in the top-right of this page) so that you can comfortably get the advice of an experienced disability lawyer before making any decisions. Because being prepared before you start is the best way to help your case.
We’re Here to Help, No Matter Where You Are
- We understand that getting places isn’t always easy, especially if you have an injury or disability that limits your mobility. So we don’t require you to go out of your way to come to us; instead, one of our disability lawyers will go out of their way to come to you. Whether it’s at your home, on the telephone, over Skype, or even in the hospital, we will make our meeting happen. You’re doing your part in seeking help, and it’s only right that we do ours in providing it to the best of our ability.
No Upfront Costs
- As we pointed out in previous blogs, there are some documents and prep-work which we need to be completed and available before we can start a case. Some of these (medical records and additional physical examinations, for example) will cost money, but like we said — you don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
- So, we will cover these preliminary costs. We do ask, however, that you repay these costs after we win your case. You’ll notice that we said “after we win,” because if we don’t, those costs are ours and you don’t owe us anything. Which brings us to our final point, which we may have already mentioned a few times:
You Don’t Pay Anything Unless We Win!
- This is our “No-Fee Guarantee,” and no, you’re not reading it wrong: it means exactly what you think it means. Unless we win your case, you don’t pay us anything.
- But we plan on doing everything we can to win your case, and when that happens, there will be some costs for you to pay. Here is how you can expect these costs to be handled:
- If we win and you are granted disability benefits, you will pay us 25% of a maximum of $6,000 of the past-due benefits which you receive.
- When we reach a fee agreement, the Social Security Administration will deduct our specified portion from your benefits check and send it to us directly. That means that you don’t have to worry about paying anything yourself — the SSA pays us for you and whatever money you receive is yours.
In addition to these guarantees, it’s important to remember that you have rights as our client. These include the rights to honest representation, a fair written fee agreement and reasonable costs, and accurate information about your case. Basically, you have the right to be treated as a human being. And we value that right very highly.
If you are exploring the possibility of hiring a disability lawyer to help with your case, contact us today and let us help you. And remember — you don’t pay us anything unless we win.